Giuseppe Lana (Catania 1979) lives and works between London and Catania.
One of the key points of my artistic research is the autobiographical component.
The works are developed as a result of a reflection on the context that surrounds me and hold a very strong relationship with my origins, encompassing situations, people or events.
My analysis of certain places and their problems, often politically and anthropologically based, is furthermore expressed through a strong connection with history.
Transformation and fluidity stand as guidelines of my research, which aims to investigate issues such as aesthetics and identity.
The main topic is the focus on the concept of ‘Time’, with the purpose of addressing what concerns me from a visual point of view, rather than only from a conceptual one.
Furthermore, my practice developed in different experiences, in fact, since 2008 I am a co-founder and I am still directing the project space BOCS (Box Of Contemporary Space), in Catania (Italy), a place dedicated to the experimentation of new artistic methods and languages.
Principal projects 2018/2010
- “POLITICS OF DISSONANCE”, Official collateral event of MANIFESTA12, Palermo
- New Commission, Italian capital of culture 2018, Museum Riso, contemporary art, Palermo
- “PHOTOLOGY AIR” (Art In Ruins), Noto (SR)
- Archeologia e scienze naturali, Museo d’Aumale, Terrasini (PA)
- Fondation Boghossian, Bruxelles
- “OUT OF SIGHT”, Five Years Gallery, London
- “BUSINESS AS USUAL”, Kreuzberg Pavillon, Berlin
- “FillmNightScaryMovies”, Five Years Gallery, London
- “L’UCCISIONE DI PRIAMO”, Galleria Francesco Pantaleone, Palermo
- “FORMS AND OBJECTS”, Palazzo Lucarini Contemporary, Trevi (PG)
- “ETNA RêVERIE”, tenuta Primaterra, contrada Sciaranuova Passopisciaro, Randazzo (CT)
- “CONTEMPORARY_DIVAN”, Museo di Palazzo Milio, Ficarra (ME)
- “CE L’HO / MI MANCA”, Collecting in Italy, Museo Mandralisca, Cefalù (PA)
- “INTER NATION ART”, HDLU, Zagreb, Croatia
- “The artist as curator’s art Vol. IV”, Schau Fenster, Berlin
- “FRAGILE”, Galleria UPP, Venice
- “UN’OPERA PER IL CASTELLO” III edizione, Castel Sant’Elmo, Naples
- “Contemporary Park Art Project ”, Villa Aurelia, p. archeologico Valle Dei Templi, Agrigento
- “LET IT GO”, Museo RISO, Museo arte moderna e contemporanea, Palermo
- “PenA3 ”, L’A projec space, Palermo
- “TOGLI IL FERMO”, American Academy, Rome
- “CONTROCARRETTA”, Castello di Pantelleria, Pantelleria – B.a.d, Pietrasanta (LU)
- “TOMO”, TemporarySpace, Berlin
- “SPREZZATURA”, Zelle, Palermo – L.E.M, Sassari
- “PLANETARIUM”, GUM studio, Turin
- “DRON 24”, Kunstraum Kreuzberg Bethanien, Berlin
- “TRINACRIA CONTEMPORARY”, Le Ciminiere, Catania
- “QUADRATONOMADE”, Palazzo delle Esposizioni, Rome
- “ALL PLACES ARE TEMPORARY PLACES”, Catania
- “AGHILISTY”, GUM Studio, Artissima LIDO, Turin
- “EXTERNUM HISTORIA”, Farm Cultural Park, Favara (AG)
- “ARTISTSTOW”, C.o.C.a /palazzo della cultura, Modica
- “SWEET SHEET”, palazzo della cultura, Modica
- “PERSONA IN MENO”, Fondazione Sandretto Re Rebaudengo / Palazzo Ducale, Genova
- “TITOLO GROSSO”, CRIPTA 747, Turin
- “KATAUNAS”, Balta gallery / Galleria Meno Parkas , Kaunas (Lithuania)